WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Finance team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused services to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Finance Assistant (Cash Based Transfer (CBT) to support our team in Khartoum Country Office, Sudan, to be hired on Fixed Term Appointment at the G 5 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
3. Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
4. Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
5. Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
6. Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
7. Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of fixed assets, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
8. Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
9. Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
10. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least four years or more of progressively responsible work experience in finance field roles is desirable.
Language: Fluency (Level C) in English Language in both oral and written and fluency in Arabic Language in both oral and written.
Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
Tact, courtesy and good communication skills to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals from different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
Proactive working style and ability to learn quickly.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify or escalate problems requiring attention.
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and SAP.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Holding an English language proficiency certification is an asset.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
How to apply?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date : 13/10/2019
Qualified female applicants encouraged to apply.
This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.