- UNHCR's country operation has sufficient support in the field of site planning and thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- UNHCR operations have unimpeded access at all times to quality engineering expertise and project management support services.
- UNHCR is able to adequately implement and account for investments made in respect of acquisition and management of properties including office premises, staff accommodation, etc.
- UNHCR has up to date property management records.
- Support the preparation of plans and specifications for office premises, staff accommodation and any land and buildings projects according to operational needs.
- Provide civil engineering advice and technical support for management of office buildings including support for tendering processes as well as development of service contracts.
- Conduct regular periodic physical verification and report of UNHCR land and buildings (infrastructure development) and their status.
- In cooperation with relevant technical units and departments formulate proposals for disposal of premises and/or support identification, selection and alteration of new buildings/ premises.
- Assist in the selection of engineering / construction consultants and contractors.
- Support finding civil engineering solutions to buildings/ office premises construction projects and provide feedback to Engineering Service Requests (ESR) from UNHCR operations.
- Ensure timely delivery of civil engineering projects, according to "best practices" and prevailing UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Guide and support maintenance of premises database and other records on civil engineering activities.
- Analyse relevant data and draft status reports and updates.
- Draft quotation requests and/or tenders and assist in the evaluation of offers and proposals as well as assist in provision of technical clearance for awarding contracts.
- Monitor and support the implementation of office premises projects.
- Provide technical support to the management of assets (land & buildings) to AFS and AMU.
- Analyse and report on the quality of services delivered by contractors in relation to premises projects with reference to contractual quality standards.
- Any other duties as required.
- Support identification and selection of vendors for designing construction, renovation and leasing of premises.
- Develop delivery schedules for the acquisition of premises (purchase and/or lease) in timely and cost-effective manner.
- In consultations with the supervisor and other technical departments, provide civil engineering advice and support to UNHCR operations implementing construction projects for office premises.
- Collect and analyse data relating to civil engineering projects in close cooperation with UNHCR offices and technical units at HQs.