Job Title: Air Movement Associate, FT-G6 (Kadugli) - EXTENDED
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening date: 06 August 2019
Closing date: 20 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s UN Humanitarian Air Services (UNHAS) team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective air transport management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Air Movement Associate to join our Aviation team in Kadugli, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at the G6 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide and/or oversee a range of coordination, administrative and technical activities that support the delivery of a safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide operational coordination and technical support for air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations for humanitarian community.
2. Liaise with airport officials, other local authorities and external parties in order to obtain necessary clearances, documentation and authorisations required for air operations.
3. Carry out pre-flight actions to ensure that all registered passengers and cargo are duly carried on the flight in coordination with crew to ensure safe flights.
4. Collate all post-flight documentation in order to confirm flights have taken place in compliance with established conditions and, occasionally, review and evaluate the performance of air operators.
5. Resolve or escalate operational problems, using initiative, liaising with all parties, and navigating complex security landscapes, to ensure their timely resolution in adherence with WFP standards.
6. Support negotiation of local service contracts in order to establish effective partnerships on optimal terms and conditions facilitating air operations.
7. Research and analyse data, and produce technical reports that enable decision-making and support planning, execution and reporting in order to ensure contractual performance.
8. Update and further develop existing databases and records, ensuring that relevant information is accurate, organised and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
9. Respond to customer queries, following standard processes and obtaining guidance or escalating as required, to ensure timely resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service.
10. Build relationships with internal counterparts, in order to support the alignment of aviation activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to air operations.
11. Supervise the work of other staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
12. Make evidence-based recommendations, and support process reviews and improvements in methods and practices, in order to maximise the performance of air operations and related activities.
13. Establish or maintain minimum procedures necessary to ensure a sound safety management system for the conduct of air operations.
14. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond in its core areas at the onset of a crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or related field is desirable.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible work experience in Air Operations roles or for Air Movement roles is desirable
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in dispatching flights from uncontrolled airfields.
• Experience in interpreting operational flight plans.
• Experience in fuel planning, fuel management and supervising refuelling operations.
• Experience in airside operations and marshalling procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 19 August 2019
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply;
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process;
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status;
This position is open ONLY to nationals of Sudan or those who are authorised to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
THIS VA HAS BEEN EXTENDED. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE_