JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening date: 05 August 2019
Closing date: 19 August 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused logistics services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective logistics management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Logistics Officers to join each of our logistics teams in Kassala, Kadugli and Kosti, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixted Term Contract at the NOA level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Area Office, the Logistics Officer will be responsible from the following duties:
1. Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
2. Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
3. Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
4. Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
5. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
6. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of
information presented to stakeholders.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
8. Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
9. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience in logistics management, supply chain management or related fields, is required for holders of an advanced university degree and two years relevant professional experience in logistics management, supply chain management or related fields ,is required for holders of a first university degree.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
· Experience in coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
· Experience in arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
· Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
· Experience in report writing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 19 August 2019
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals;
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status;
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruiting process;
Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) of your preference.
THIS VA HAS BEEN EXTENDED. CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY