Vacancy Announcement No: 18/HCR/KRT/VA/056
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is seeking for qualified candidate to fill the following post:
Candidate who wish to be considered for this vacancy notice should fill the motivation letter and submit updated P11 Form
|Job Title:||Senior Registration Assistant|
|Type of Contract:||Temporary Appointment|
|Supervisor:||Associate Registration Officer|
|Closing Date:||19 Sept 2018|
The Senior Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team. The Senior Registration Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. The incumbent provides counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. S/he liaises closely with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. The Senior Registration Assistant may assist in compiling and analysing information related to registration activities in the operation. The Senior Registration Assistant may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
|Duties and responsibilities:
- UNHCR's Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Analyses information and data, and forms recommendations based on logical conclusions.
- Actively pursues technological solutions to work tasks; seeks training when needed.
- Demonstrates good organization of time in project management and accomplishing daily tasks.
*The selected candidate should be available to take up the functions no later than 1 week upon receipt of offer.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Candidate Assessments may include a written examination followed by a Competency Based Interview.