The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is seeking for qualified candidate to fill the following post:
Candidate who wish to be considered for this vacancy notice should fill the motivation letter and submit updated P11 Form
|Job Title:||Programme Assistant / UNOPS (1 Position) Khartoum|
|Type of Contract:||UNOPS Contract|
|Supervisor:||Programme Officer P3|
|No. of Post:||1-Position|
|Duration:||Till 31 December 2018|
|Closing Date:||21 June 2018|
The incumbent will receive guidance from the programme officer. S/he may also receive indirect guidance from other sections and units in Khartoum. The incumbent is expected to have contacts within UNHCR offices in the field as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information
|Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Collect and maintain data on procurements undertaken by partners
- Serve as custodian of Goods and Property reports from partners
- Enter Goods and Property reports in MSRP after verification
- Participate in physical verification exercises
- Assist in recovery, handover and transfer of Plant, Property and Equipment (PPE) and Serially Tracked Items (STIs) from partners
- Collect and maintain information on procurement, distribution and post distribution monitoring of inventories (items purchased for distribution to refugees)
- Maintain filing systems in Programme section
- Photocopy, scan and upload documents in eSAFE
- Prepare background materials and tables for briefing and review sessions
- Collect data on the implementation and performance of partner agreements
- Undertake field visits and accompany programme monitoring missions
- Perform other duties as required
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Access the relevant information and programme records, FOCUS, MSRP data.
- Decide on information contained in the reports submitted to supervisor
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of Secondary education with training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field.
- Minimum 6 months of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (in MS office).
- Fluency in English and Arabic language is essential
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
REQUIRED MANAGERIAL & CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
In order to be considered for this position , candidates are required to complete and submit the NEW UNHCR P11 Form.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Candidate Assessments may include a written examination followed by a Competency Based Interview.