Connecting Famers to Markets (F2M) established in 2009 in Sudan, since then, WFP has been implementing (F2M) programme in CETA and Darfur offices in close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs). The programme aims to support smallholder farmers to better access extension services and other services providers through technical training, strategic partnerships and strengthening association’s capacities.
More recently, WFP has been engaging in Post-Harvest Loss Reduction management (PHL) as a focus area for F2M programme – targeting small scale holders with access to agricultural land to achieve the following outputs:
- Increase household food availability by reducing pre-farm gate losses, which enable smallholders to store grain throughout the year
- Increase household income by empowering smallholders to sell surplus grain at higher prices (further away from harvest, when prices have recovered),
- Smooth household income by empowering smallholders to “bank” grain and sell when needed,
- Increase food safety, health and nutrition through reduction of aflatoxin contamination, and
- Create awareness, align market incentives, and motivate the private sector to serve a newly created market for hermetic storage.
The Programme focal point will contribute to WFP’s shift to Country Strategic Plan and to the growing resilience-building and safety nets portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for: (1) follow up and support partnerships, strategy and capacity strengthening activities related to WFP’s work on resilience and safety nets; and (2) support assessments, program implementation, monitoring of the project (working closely with CO programme unit and other units)
Duties and responsibilities:
• Follow up and monitor the implementation of the agreed activities under Connecting Farmers to Markets (F2M) and Post-Harvest Losses (PHL) programmes.
• Follow up and monitor the farmers’ trainings to ensure implementation as planned as well as the storage equipment are distributed based on the agreed criteria/process and used properly by the farmers.
• Prepare regular programme performance reports of F2M/PHL activities according to field visits
• Monitor the CP field staff performance, and report on regular basis
• Follow up with the F2M/PHL partners to collect periodical reports and provide the technical support when needed
• Monitor the establishment and selection of Farmers cooperatives to ensure the selection process is meeting WFP requirements.
• Participate in meetings with all F2M/PHL stakeholders and partners including Microfinance Institution (MFIs), State ministry of Agriculture, PHL implementing partner and private sector.
• Supervise the distribution of the hermetic storage equipment.
• Follow up with Procurement on the purchases of all storage facilities (hermetic bags, metal and plastic silos). And keep track on silos produced/delivered
• In coordination with the M&E unit and Area offices, help in facilitating trainings for the enumerators to ensure that questionnaires are filled properly and all needed data were accurately collected and sent to Khartoum
• In coordination with the M&E unit, follow up on the project baseline, impact assessment of the post-harvest losses reduction project.
• Follow up with payment & payment clearances for the implementing partners in timely manner
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both Arabic and English (written and oral).
At least 4 years of postgraduate professional experience in commerce, business administration, development, or food aid support.
Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Fluency in both Arabic and English (written and oral)
"Applicants are required to create their personal account and fill in the profile form with his/her personal details in WFP Career Web-Site through the links provided below.
Applicants must ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching the CV, answer the pre-screening questions and agree on legal statement prior to submitting the application.
External applicants - Interested external applicants can apply on WFP Career Site: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Internal Applicants - Intereseted internal applicants can apply through the E-Recruitment tool: Learning Management System: www.newgo.wfp.org
Applicants may apply using LinkedIn profile (if available)."