Vacancy Announcement No: 1805
|Job Title:||Credit Controller(collection)|
|Section/Unit:||accounting and finance|
|Duration:||ONE YEAR CONTRACT|
|Closing Date:||10 May 2018|
Working as a Credit Controller you will find many opportunities to improve your professional skills and you will learn a lot about credit law and the in- house systems from your more experienced colleagues. You'll probably be sent on courses that will help you get up to speed with litigation and insolvency proceedings.
Further More If you are looking for recognition and promotions then it's a great idea tostudy from Institute of Credit Management exams (ICM). You can do this part -time while you are working.
|Duties and responsibilities:
1. There should be a close liaison between the credit controller and the marketing/Sales Department so that credit issues are resolved smoothly
2. Checking customer’s credit situations
3. Deciding whether or not to offer the credit
4. Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balance
5. Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating repayment plan
6. Assist in the setting up of the credit control system
7. Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
8. If any customers stop paying or pay late then it’s your responsibility to stop the providing service start legal action to collect the money owed “if necessary” and in the case of bankruptcy you’ll have to report to your higher management about the strategies to make sure you can recover what you can.
9. Check customer’s credit and approve or deny application based on company standard and requirement.
10. Negotiate payment plans with customers and set up loan terms and conditions
11. Maintain accurate records of loan, analyze the effective of the company’s credit control system and implement changes to improve profitability and reduce bad debits
12. Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices
13. Develop the credit control system in collaboration with sales, marketing, Finance and company Executive
Improve and implement debt collection process when there are any overdue invoices or payment, and initiate legal procedures in necessary
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required: