GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development. We work to shape a future worth living around the world.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union (EU), GIZ will start implementing a new project in Kassala and Gedaref. The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population and refugees alike in two areas of intervention:
1) Supporting the government and the private sector in improving the quality and availability of market-oriented vocational training for young women and men;
2) Supporting small industry unions in providing business development services (BDS) for employment-oriented growth of small and medium-sized enterprises.
For the second area of intervention, the GIZ Office in Gedaref is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: Technical Advisor for Labour Market Promotion with duty station in Gedarif and regular duty trips to other States in Sudan, in particular Kassala, if required. The advisor is reporting to the project manager.
The Technical Advisor is responsible for:
• Identifying gaps and capacity shortcomings among small enterprises and assists in formulating implementation-oriented solutions.
• Assist in development of a strategy for the integration of trainees into the labour market with relevant stakeholders.
• Advising public institutions and private entities on issues related to employment-oriented private sector promotion.
• Developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation on labour market.
• Managing knowledge by documenting best practices, experience, and information gathered on employment and the labour market.
• Providing technical support to the project by dealing with questions and problems relating to labour market development.
The Technical Advisor for Labour Market Promotion performs the following tasks:
• Assess the current system on labour market.
• Support the establishment of a dialogue process between VTCs, enterprises with regards to job opportunities for job seekers, involving the State Council for Vocational Treaining and Apprenticeship, and unions and other stakeholders.
• Support the establishment of a 'Job Centre' if demanded by relevant stakeholders (no hardware or construction).
• Support the relevant stakeholders to organize job fairs.
• Support the establishment of a dialogue process between VTCs, enterprises with regards to job opportunities for graduates involving the governmental institutions, unions, and other stakeholders.
• Support the VTCs in organizing job fairs for graduated trainees (as one example) or establishment of internships.
• Support the relevant partners in elaborating an employment strategy.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
• University degree (at least Bachelor) in a relevant field (Economics, Development, etc.).
• Familiarity with the needs of small, micro, and medium industries in Sudan.
• Good knowledge of Sudanese labour market.
• Familiarity with the microfinance sector.
• At least 10 years of relevant working experience (livelihood provision; employment projects ,private sector promotion or others).
• Previous experience in collaborating with governmental counterparts.
Other knowledge, additional competences:
• Experience in project design and implementation.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• Ability to work efficiently with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
• Strong English and Arabic writing and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent inter-cultural competencies and experience working in international teams.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Experience in development cooperation is an asset.
• Existing network with relevant public and private entities in Kassala and Gedaref is an asset.
To be submitted only in soft copy in English: CV, Cover- and Motivation Letter to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – the position applied to has to be entered in the subject.
* The application shall not be bigger than 1MB.
* References and degrees will be requested if required and shall not be sent via e-mail.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from GIZ until the May 15, 2018, your application was not further considered.