Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
GIZ Sudan is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: Senior Technical Advisor coordinating the vocational training and private sector promotion activities in Kassala and Gedaref.
The advisor is reporting to the manager of a new project for vocational training and food security in Kassala and Gedaref.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing a new project in Kassala and Gedaref.
The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population and refugees alike in three areas of intervention:
1) Supporting the government and the private sector in improving the quality and availability of market-oriented vocational training for young women and men.
2) Supporting small industry unions in providing business development services (BDS) for employment-oriented growth of small and medium-sized enterprises.
3) Supporting the Supreme Council for Vocational Training and Apprenticeship (SCVTA) in developing a national concept for an one-year dual demand driven vocational training.
The senior advisor will support the project in all three field of intervention. The senior advisor will be based in Gedaref. The position will require regular travel to Kassala and within Sudan.
• coordinating the activities of the technical teams in vocational training, private sector development and employment promotion and ensures the compliance with project indicators.
• supervision of and disciplinary responsibility for the project technical staff.
• supporting the strategic planning of the project management, in particular in the development and updating of the plan of operations and the capacity development strategy of the project.
• ensuring compliance the impact oriented monitoring, documentation and evaluation project activities.
• coordinate the development and implementation of various strategies on how to promote gender equality and refugee participation in vocational training in the realm of the project.
• facilitating the exchange of information and experiences between the vocational training sector and the private sector.
• establishing and maintaining close relations with public and private entities in the vocational training sector esp. SCVTA, State Ministries of Finance and Departments of Labour.
• supporting project partners in vocational training sector and esp. the SCVTA in embedding new demand driven training approaches into local VT-system.
Within these responsibilities, tasks include:
• designing, planning, and implementing project activities.
• identifying contractors, drafting terms of reference and managing the implementation of contracts with consultants and consultings.
• implementing the project’s communication strategy through a variety of communication channels.
• drafting reports and providing technical input to communication material in English and Arabic.
• performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required experience and qualifications:
• University degree (at least Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant field.
• at least 10 years of relevant working experience (project coordination, organizational development, vocational training, private sector development, public entities for vocational training or private sector promotion or others).
• experience with team coordination in a leading position.
• extensive experience in project planning and project management.
• experience in project design, project staff coordination and implementation.
• comprehensive theoretical knowledge on vocational training and private sector development.
• experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• ability to work efficiently with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
• excellent English and Arabic writing and verbal communication skills.
• excellent inter-cultural competencies and experience working in international teams.
• experience with mediation and conflict resolutions is an asset.
• experience in development cooperation is desirable.
To be submitted only in soft copy in English: CV, Cover- and Motivation Letter to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – the position applied to has to be entered in the subject.
The application shall not be bigger than 1MB.
References and degrees will be requested if required and shall not be sent via e-mail.
If you do not hear from GIZ until the 15th of May 2018, your application was not further considered.