GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. GIZ offers demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for three qualified persons to fill the following positions: Technical Advisor for ‘Vocational Training in Crafts’ for the project “Employment Initiative: Vocational training for refugees, internally displaced persons and host communities in Nyala, South Darfur”
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ implements a new project to promote employment in Nyala, South Darfur. The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population, internally displaced persons and refugees by enhancing both, the demand and supply sides of the labour market. On the supply side, we work together with the Supreme Council for Vocational Training and Apprenticeship (SCVTA) and its Nyala branch, as well as with Technical Secondary Schools and Technical Colleges to enhance the skills of teachers at vocational training institutions and to align the curricula with current and future market demands.
The position holder is responsible for:
• Supporting the implementation of the project objectives as part of a small multicultural team.
• Building up capacities for vocational training in vocational trades such as electrical and electronic, civil, mechanical, construction, plumbing, restaurant management, business management and others.
• Advising Technical Secondary Schools and Technical Colleges with the aim of establishing a market-oriented vocational training portfolio.
• Advising technical institutes on advanced training for their instructors.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
• Supporting project planning and the conceptual development including preparation, organisation and facilitation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, communication and documentation.
• Analysing lessons learnt and compiling best practices for project implementation.
• Developing ready-to-use strategies, innovative initiatives and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures.
• Conducting cultural and linguistic translation (oral and written Arabic and English).
• Collect and review training manuals and curricula for the mentioned vocational trades in cooperation with the other technical advisor for vocational training.
• Drafting reports, articles and other written documents in English and Arabic.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
• Diploma in vocational training or engineering or academic degree (B.A. or Master) in the areas of vocational education, business economics, development studies or similar fields OR secondary school diploma combined with relevant work or life experience.
• Extensive knowledge of vocational training in Sudan/Darfur.
• Profound experience in cooperating with the private sector, as well as organizing and implementing vocational training courses.
• Business and results orientation.
• Experience in working within international teams.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment and inclusion of people with disabilities and social disparities.
• Excellent English and Arabic communication skills, both verbal and in writing and German language as an asset.
• Familiarity with the employment and vocational training system in Sudan and its institutional setup.
• Knowledge of national vocational and educational training (VET) policies as well as regulations regarding training and employment of refugees.
Please submit the following documents in hard copy or soft copy, in English:
• CV (max. two pages)
• motivation letter (one page)
to GIZ Office Khartoum, Amarat Street 3, House No. 15, Block 9, Amarat Town, Khartoum East or by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you do not hear from GIZ until the 30th of April 2018, your application was not further considered.
* We actively encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.