GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. GIZ offers demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development, worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: Technical Advisor ‘Vocational Training for Women’ (VTW) for the project “Employment Initiative: Vocational training for refuges, internally displaced persons and host communities in Nyala, South Darfur”.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ implements a new project to promote employment in Nyala, South Darfur. The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population, internally displaced persons and refugees by enhancing both, the demand and supply sides of the labour market. On the supply side, we work together with the Supreme Council for Vocational Training and Apprenticeship (SCVTA) and its Nyala branch, as well as with Technical Secondary Schools and Technical Colleges to enhance the skills of teachers at vocational training institutions and to align the curricula with current and future market demands.
The technical advisor for vocational training activities for women is responsible for the implementation of demand-oriented vocational and entrepreneurship training to women working in the craft women’s sector.
As a technical advisor for vocational training for women, you are responsible for:
• Supporting the implementation of the program objectives as part of a small multicultural team.
• Building up capacities of women that are already active in a local business or are willing to develop and upgrade in vocational trades such as electricity, construction, plumbing, restaurant management and others.
• Cooperating with the project partners such as the women section of the craft unions and micro-finance institutions, to effectively and independently implement demand-oriented trainings.
• Enabling supported women entrepreneurs to increase the competitiveness and profitability of their business.
• Providing professional advisory services, coaching and training in the sector of entrepreneurship promotion and non-financial services.
• Building partnerships and networks for women employment in the private sector.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
• Supporting project planning and the conceptual development including preparation, organisation and facilitation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, communication and documentation.
• Analysing lessons learnt and compiling best practices for project implementation.
• Developing ready-to-use strategies, innovative initiatives and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures.
• Conducting cultural and linguistic translation (oral and written Arabic and English).
• Collecting and reviewing training manuals and curricula for the mentioned vocational trades in cooperation with the other technical advisor for vocational training.
• Drafting reports, articles and other written documents in English and Arabic.
• Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
• Diploma in vocational training or engineering or academic degree (B.A. or Master) in the areas of vocational training and education business economics, development studies or similar fields OR secondary school diploma combined with relevant work or life experience.
• Extensive knowledge of the context of women working in vocational or handicraft trades in Sudan/Darfur and/or practical experience in establishing and developing an artisan workshop.
• Knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship promotion, specifically in the handicraft sector.
• Profound experience in cooperating with the private sector, as well as organizing and implementing vocational training courses.
• Business and results orientation.
• Experience in working within international teams.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Willingness to travel to Darfur and to move with restricted mobility due to GIZ security measures.
• Proven experience in gender equality/women’s empowerment and inclusion of people with social disparities.
• Excellent English and Arabic communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
• German language as an asset.
• Sudanese employment and vocational training system and its institutional setup.
• Knowledge of national vocational and educational training policy as well as regulations regarding training and employment of refugees.
Please submit the following documents in hard copy or soft copy, in English:
• CV (max. two pages)
• motivation letter (one page)
to GIZ Office Khartoum, Amarat Street 3, House No. 15, Block 9, Amarat Town, Khartoum East or via E-mail: email@example.com
* If you do not hear from GIZ until the 30th of April 2018, your application was not further considered.
* We actively encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.