GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. GIZ offers demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: (Junior) administrative and logistics professional
For the project “Employment Initiative: Vocational training for refugees, internally displaced persons and host communities in Nyala, South Darfur”.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ implements a new project to promote employment in Nyala, South Darfur. The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population, internally displaced persons and refugees by enhancing both the demand and supply sides of the labour market. On the demand side, we work with Nyala’s Small Industries and Crafts Union (SICU) and other private sector organisations to enhance their organisational and technical capacity to train workshop and small business owners. As a result, their businesses will become more productive and competitive and hence create additional employment. In particular, we aim at capitalising on the potential of female workshop owners and entrepreneurs.
The (junior) administrative and logistics professional is responsible for:
• Organizational and administrative issues related to the implementation of the project’s activities.
• Filing documents in reference files or the internal file structure in line with GIZ’s regulations.
• Liaising with partners on behalf of the project especially with regard to the organization of the project activities, trainings, duty trips of partners to Khartoum.
• Distributing information and documents to partner organizations and trainees.
• Transport/fleet management for and during the project teams’ missions to Nyala.
• Procuring stationaries and other materials for the training activities.
• Dealing with invoices, cheques, letters, cash payments and documents.
• Assisting with financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects.
• Coordinating effectively with colleagues and the office in Khartoumsport/fleet management for and during the project team’s missions to El Fasher and El Geneina (1-3 missions per month).
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Administration & Finance:
• Handling of correspondence and drafting of letters and documents according to needs.
• Updating the filing system on a daily basis.
• Drafting of consultancy contracts and local subsidies to be processed at project’s level.
• Handling of a database on prices, rates and locations of accommodation, food, catering services, workshop rooms etc. and monitoring the availability of accessories and stocks.
• Handling/preparation of procurements in accordance with guidelines.
• Keeping the inventory of the project updated.
• Processing settlement of applications for the reimbursement of travel expenses.
• Handling cash and bank including reconciliation.
• Monitoring real accounts (payables, receivables) and reporting regularly to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation.
• Preparing monthly and annual budgets, and monitoring deviations.
• Submitting the end-of-month accounts from the project accounting, cash books and account balance vouchers to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation.
• Assisting with creditor and debtor administration, including local subsidies and agreements with national appraisers and preparing financial contributions.
2. Logistics, Coordination & Liaison:
• Preparing/organising the logistics for all movements in Nyala city necessary for the project’s activity.
• Ensuring a close and frequent monitoring of the project vehicles’ logbooks and fuel consumption.
• Ensuring registration, safety and insurance for rented vehicles that transports the project team on their mission.
• Preparing and organizing internal meetings and external appointments.
• Communicating and liaising with governmental and private sector project partners.
• Communicating and liaising with UN organisation (UNAMID and UNHAS) regarding the transport and accommodation of project staff, experts and partners.
• Assisting international experts coming to Nyala in all logistic and administrative issues.
• Maintaining several lists e.g. of staff on assignment in Nyala, participants of workshops etc.
3. General tasks:
• Interpreting and translating (Arabic-English) for project team members on their mission and of administrative and project related documents as required.
• Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
• BA in business administration, accounting, auditing or similar area.
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
• In-depth knowledge of finance and accounting, inclusive software.
• Confidential handling of data and information.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Good management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work proactively and in a dependable, responsible manner with great attention to detail.
• Very good communication skills.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of Arabic and English, German is an asset.
* Please note that any tasks and responsibilities carried out by the administrative and logistics professional are subject to change at the request of management.
* We actively encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.
Please submit the following documents in soft copy, in English:
• CV (max. two pages)
• motivation letter (one page)
to E-mail: email@example.com
Additional documents may be requested at a later date
* If you do not hear from GIZ until the 30th of April 2018, your application was not further considered.