|Closing Date:||20 Feb 2018|
Starting on March 01 2018 or later, Goethe-Institut Sudan, German Cultural Centre, in Khartoum is looking for a Driver/Messenger
|Duties and responsibilities:
* Taking care of official errands in the city of elsewhere for the institute including e.g. bank transfers, foreigner registrations, post pick-ups at P.O.Box and embassy, getting offers for purchases on the local market
* Ensures safe driving of our office car and its passengers, travelling anywhere in Sudan
* Airport transfers of guests of the Goethe-Institut Sudan
* Ensures that vehicle is always well maintained and ready to use
* Maintains official vehicle log of all movements, fuel consumption etc.
* Ensures that neither he nor the passengers carry any illegal goods in the vehicle.
* Ensures that all the legal documents of the vehicle, including driving license are up to date and carried with the vehicle while driving.
* In case of any incidents/accidents, he will report immediately to the line manager.
* Support custom clearance of shipments for the Goethe-Insititut
* Simple office tasks such as printing, filling out forms and letters, tickets offers and purchases visa e-mail and phone
* Ensures that the institute’s generator is functioning correctly, always checking its fuel
* Functioning as technical back-up and set-up staff for events of the Goethe-Institut
* Performs other duties at the request of the line manager or management
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
* Secondary school level, preferably also with a certificate in mechanics or similar skills.
* At least 3 years' experience with NGOs or international agencies as driver/messenger.
* Reliable, friendly and trustworthy personal behavior.
* Proof of valid Sudanese nationality.
* Must have a valid driving license.
* Fluent spoken and written Arabic and basic English.
* Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office and E-Mails
* Experience, contacts and network of stores, hotels, airport etc.
Please send your cover letter, recommendations from former employers, certificates for English or computer skills and your C.V. in English via email to email@example.com
(not bigger than 1 MB) no later than February20,2018, 6 pm.
Please note that we cannot accept any phone calls and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.