Dimensions of Role:
· Lead and manage the project team, the project budget, the project risks, the project security matters, and the affairs of the project partners.
· Provide direct technical guidance during the project execution and ensure efficiency in the processes and effectiveness in achieving the planned objective in a manner to reach the desired outcomes and impact.
Ensure that Plan’s and the Donor policies and procedures are continuously adhered to in the project’s planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation phases.
1. Project Stakeholder Management
· Manage the partnership agreement with other stakeholders
· Community Based Organizations, CSOs and LNGOs were oversaw, supported and training
· Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities and progress and are in a position to accept project deliverables.
· Manage information flows between country office/Program department and the Project stakeholder.
· Manage project related security matters and ensure keeping all concerned are accurately and promptly informed about the status of project security at any point in time during the project period.
· Identify and address Needs assessed.
Develop and maintain effective partnerships and alliances that facilitate proper implementation of the project.
2. Project Management
· Develop detailed annual work plans for the project and enforce adherence of all to the plan and subsequently approved amendments.
· Develop the project mapping and create and manage the PO in the SAP system, ensure all modification and SAP related reports is updated in timely manner.
· Manage the project budget, including project procurement management, and ensure avoidance of over/under expenditure; ensure judicious expending of the project funds; and demonstrate value for money in the outcomes and impact of the project.
· Manage project risks, funding, and ensure keeping all concerned are accurately and promptly informed about the status of project.
· Lead the project team develop their knowledge and skills of appropriate nature to the project; guide and motivate them towards excellence performance all through the project period and ensure continuous appraisal of the performance of each.
· Maintain and apply Plans’ standards of practice, policies and procedures.
· Manage the partnership agreement(s) with the implementing partner.
· Ensure that child protection measures are integrated into all processes, practices and activities of the project engages in.
· Conduct site visits regularly to monitor implementation and submit monthly reports on project progress.
· Ensure that an effective communication system is developed and maintained to the satisfaction of all clients.
· Responsible for project level administration, procurements, project office establishment, recruitment of project staff and other related human resources issues.
· Maintain coordination and close relationship with Plan’s relevant departments (program management, Resource Mobilization, Accounts and the relevant function).
· Provide guidance, leadership, coaching and support for project Staff and assess their performance following performance standards and HR systems.
· Ensure that the Donor reporting requirements-which are stated in the FAD and other project and donor agreements-are met properly and timely.
· Facilitate and participate effectively in project audits, reviews and evaluation.
· Ensure that proper documentation of the project’s interventions and activities is maintained.
3. Technical Skills
· Develop technical and strategic papers on how the project milestones will be implemented and approved by Head of Program.
· Proven experience and skills in implementing projects on livelihood, village savings and loans, animal husbandry, agro pastoral, fish processing and storing techniques.
· Experience in implementing innovative activities on climate change (bio gaz and cooking stoves, vertical bucket gardening…etc) at household level.
· Demonstrated knowledge of market assessment, cash based or cash transfer programming using start-up kits to launch vocational related livelihoods activities.
· Ability to facilitate training on small business management, life skills, record keeping, small business financial management, savings promotion, marketing and sales, and conflict resolution.
Key End Results and key deliverables of the position:
· The Project Manager is responsible to fulfill his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with Plan International code of conduct, Child Protection Policy, values and principles, and to report to the line-manager regularly on the basis of defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Ensure all project designs, planning and implementation documents are in place and properly filed (hard & soft): MER Framework, PIP, Output/outcome tracker, workplan,etc
· Develop all technical guidance according to GoS policies and strategies and ensure staff and local partners are familiar with and use it during implementation.
· Ensure that effective monitoring project’s interventions is carried out and documented properly: regular field visits to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
· Submit monthly updated detail/project implementation plan for each project (highlight achievements or changes)
· Submit Budget versus Actual (BVA analysis) with explanation for variances; including PO modification when needed
· Submit Cost Recovery reports (admin/HR analysis from each project).
· Support proposal development to increase Plan’s portfolio in the sector by submitting gender transformative concept notes and proposals.
Timely, accurate and high quality reports are submitted on time to Head of Programs.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· Develop and apply project MER tools that allow (i) proper planning of project activities, milestones and reporting dates and (ii) and tracking of girls and children reached.
· Ensure that lessons learned case studies are captured and properly documented and archived by carrying out regular project/program reviews.
· To identify the needs and support development of staff and partners to increase their competence project delivery.
· To participate in the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
· Management of project representation matters and ensures attendance of all relevant coordination forums and events at state levels.
· Develop and maintain processes to ensure exert of high value liaison effort with Government Authorities, the donor, humanitarian community etc. on matters related to the project
· Any other functions and responsibilities of appropriate nature to project Management assigned by the supervisor
Dealing with Problems:
1. Ability to develop & present different program models in front of different kinds of audience in or off site.
2. Use wide range of sources of data and information to make the right decision.
3. Make decision at speed appropriate to the issue.
4. Responding to queries and requirements of external audiences, stockholders, partners, advisory committee, line manager and technical advisors.
5. Ability to stimulate ideas and respond back to the queries in context of expected and satisfied solutions.
6. Understanding of the community issues and interest to build and plan solutions and also to promote that among people.
7. Demonstrate skill’s in articulating and documenting program communication, progress and review.
8. Ability to manage stress and interest to develop systems to improve quality of the program.
Communications and Working Relationships:
· Line Managers – High level of Communication to report, seek approvals, sharing views to strengthen the program areas and to ensure continues support for the program.
· Project Officer – High level of communication to support and provide hand holding support to understand the model and to respond to queries
· Regular communication with program department in CO to share work progress and updates and technical follow up.
· Partners – high level of communication to share and understand progress of the program.
Advisory\steering Committee – Low level of communication in form of sharing program outcomes on quarterly basis