· Provides skilled safe, holistic and culturally competent, person-centered nursing care to patients, families, community and society, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team irrespective of healthcare settings.
· Provides direct care for patients and their families in a variety of settings to include the hospital, home, clinics, primary health care units and the community.
· Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel responsible and accountable to the Graduate Registered Nurse.
· Coordinates nursing services with the services of other health care disciplines.
· Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel.
· Ensures assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
· Fosters a climate conducive to education experiences for nurses and students.
· Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
· Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
· Accepts accountability for own actions and decision-making and for the related outcome.
· Delivers nursing care and practices embedding the Corporation Registered Nurse Scope of Practice as the ethical and professional framework alongside consideration of the socio-cultural needs of patients, families, communities and society.
· Functions at all times in accordance with legislative, regulatory and policy guidelines relevant to registered nursing practice.