The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities falling under the responsibility of the Deputy Country Director for Operations and ensure effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1.Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
2. Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
3. Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources and to ensure an effective day-to-day support to the Deputy Country Director, Operations.
4. Manage and maintain confidential records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
5. Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
6. Draft, proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
7. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
8. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
9. Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
10. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
11. Others as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Proactive working style.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and SAP (WINGS).
• Prior experience as executive or personal assistant is highly desirable.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only.
WFP is the United Nations frontline agency in the fight against global hunger. In the pursuit of WFP’s mission to feed the hungry poor, WFP employees must uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct at all times. WFP has zero tolerance for fruad & corruption, sexual exploitation and discrimination.
Applicants are required to create their personal account and fill in the profile form with his/her personal details in WFP Career Web-Site through the links provided below.
Applicants must ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching the CV, answer the pre-screening questions and agree on legal statement prior to submitting the application.
External applicants - Interested external applicants can apply on WFP Career Site: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Internal Applicants - Intereseted internal applicants can apply through the E-Recruitment tool: Learning Management System: www.newgo.wfp.org
Applicants may apply using LinkedIn profile (if available).
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills.
The United Nations' greatest asset is the quality of its staff. To ensure that the very best people join the UN team we use a competency based interview process.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.