Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
GIZ Sudan is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: Technical Advisor for Private Sector Promotion with duty station in Kassala and regular duty trips to other States in Sudan if required.
The advisor is reporting to the manager of a project for Vocational Training and Food Security in Kassala and Gedaref.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is implementing a project in Kassala and Gedaref.
The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population and refugees alike in two areas of intervention:
1) Supporting the government and the private sector in improving the quality and availability of market-oriented vocational training for young women and men;
2) Supporting small industry unions in providing business development services (BDS) for employment-oriented growth of small and medium-sized enterprises.
The advisor will support the project in the second field of intervention. The advisor will be based in Kassala. The position will require regular travel within Sudan.
• advising public and private entities (including small enterprises) on issues related to employment-oriented private sector promotion.
• planning and organizing capacity development measures on management and organizational development for the small industry unions in Kassala as well as relevant public institutions.
• supporting the small industry unions in Kassala in providing BDS for employment-oriented growth to their members.
• supporting micro, small and medium enterprises in Kassala.
• planning and organizing technical and didactical (re-)trainings for members of the small industry unions and BDS trainers.
• facilitating the exchange of information and experiences between the vocational training sector and the private sector.
• supporting the development and implementation of a strategy on how to promote gender equality in the private sector within the realm of the project.
• establishing and maintaining relations with public and private entities in the vocational training sector.
• providing technical support to business start-up’s.
• implementing the project’s communication strategy through a variety of communication channels.
Within these responsibilities, tasks include:
• supporting the strategic planning of the project management, in particular in the development and updating of the plan of operations, the capacity development strategy, and the communication strategy of the project.
• designing, planning, and implementing project activities.
• identifying contractors, drafting terms of reference and managing the implementation of contracts with consultants and consulting.
• monitoring, documenting and evaluating project activities.
• drafting reports, meeting minutes and communication material in English and Arabic.
• translating documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
• translating in meetings and at events between English and Arabic.
• performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required experience and qualifications:
• University degree (at least Bachelor or equivalent) in a relevant field.
• at least 10 years of relevant working experience (private sector development, organizational development; unions for small industries or handcrafts; public entities for private sector promotion or others).
• comprehensive theoretical knowledge on private sector development.
• experience in project design and implementation.
• experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• ability to work efficiently with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
• strong English and Arabic writing and verbal communication skills.
• excellent inter-cultural competencies and experience working in international teams.
• experience in development cooperation is an asset.
• existing network with relevant public and private entities in Kassala is an asset.
To be submitted only in soft copy in English: CV, Cover- and Motivation Letter to E-mail: email@example.com , the position applied to has to be entered in the subject line.
The application shall not be bigger than 1MB. References and degrees will be requested if required and shall not be sent via e-mail.
* If you do not hear from GIZ until the 31.03.2018 your application was not further considered.