Vacancy Announcement No: HIBA-02802
We Secure You Best Future In Your Career
|Job Title:||Water Engineer (Civil Engineer)|
|Duty Station:||Darfur (Twyla )|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2018|
for UNIOPS Project
Job Location: Darfur (Twyla طويلة (
Preferred Candidate who lives in Twyla, Alfashir, Darfur
|Duties and responsibilities:
· Review requests and identify new constructions and rehabilitation works area, carry out assessments and prepare reports with recommendations for follow up actions;
· Liaise with the project stakeholders, develop sustainable solutions and idea for design and estimates the work items for implementation
· Assist the Senior Engineer and Project Manager, with the technical input to the preparation of tenders, during bid evaluation process and in the preparation of the contracts award approval documents.
· Supervise the construction works, and administer the works execution as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications;
· Overall management of the works implementation with contractor that will ensure the constructions works are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality;
· Timely actions on potential delays and/or cost overruns that can either be prevented or mitigated are to be quickly reported with recommended remedial actions for the Project Manager approval;
· Prepare project / contracts related documentations such as periodic progress reports, site monitoring reports, stake holder meeting minutes, Engineer’s Instructions and Variation Orders, Contractor’s bills review reports, certifications, client hand-over documents and contracts close-out reports.
· Preparation of payment certificate and work progress record for the review of Sr. Project Engineer
· Working close with contractor in the field with provision of technical support and guidance
· Provide training and technology transfer to national personnel and contractor’s personnel and advise on good construction practices, good environmental management practices, and appropriate health and safety standards during construction;
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
· Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering or any other relevant field is required. Master’s degree in the same field is desirable.
· At least 2 years of experience in water structure and community infrastructure projects direct engagements is required.
· Experience in supervision of civil engineering construction mainly water sector activities is required.
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.
|Opportunities & Careers Itís Our Vision||