Vacancy Announcement No: HIBA-02801
We Secure You Best Future In Your Career
|Job Title:||UNIX/Linux Specialist|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2018|
|Duties and responsibilities:
· Provides day-to-day administrative activities related to UNIX and Unix Like operating systems.
· Installs, administers, troubleshoots and maintains all (Dev, Test & Prod) servers (x86 and Oracle SPARC).
· Supports new hardware implementation and/or expansion, configuration and software/firmware upgrades.
· Provides monitoring of server hardware and software using Nagios or any similar tool.
· Participates in root cause analysis for significant problems and recommends and implements improvements.
· Manages file systems and Volume Managers on Solaris/Linux platforms, including NFS, UFS, VXFS, Ext, LVM, SVM, VxVM …etc.
· Administers Solaris/Linux software packages and patches.
· Manage and Administer UNIX/Linux High Availability solutions (VERITAS Storage Foundation HA, Pacemaker).
· Provides UNIX system related technical support to the Application Development Team.
· Troubleshoots hardware related errors and faults and makes appropriate recommendations and apply corrective measures if needed.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
· Comply with ITIL core operation processes (Incident Management, Change Management, Availability management, Performance Management ...Etc.).
· Experience in Perl/Shell scripting, send mail, DNS, and SAN technologies
· Experience in OS hardening, system security and auditing (ISO 27001, ISO 9001).
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
· Related certifications are definite assets but are not mandatory.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience or equivalent in an advanced enterprise class IT environment, with hands-on experience in mid to large Solaris based solutions.
Key Behaviors for Success:
· Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
· Creative thinker
· Forward Planning
· Results oriented
· Concern for standards and efficiency
· Tenacity, resilience and self management
· Leadership characteristics
· Team player
· Patient with high tolerance
· Ability to work with diversified range of characters
· Pleasant, handles stress positively, extremely focused with clear vision and ability to distinguish between business situations.
· Objective, sharp and decisive
· Dedicated/devoted, hard working
· High integrity, honest and sincere
· Aggressive and dynamic who likes to be challenged
· Knowledge seeker and researcher type with initiative.
|Opportunities & Careers Itís Our Vision||