Vacancy Announcement No: HIBA-02797
We Secure You Best Future In Your Career
|Job Title:||Project Manager (PM)|
|Duty Station:||North Kordofan Area Office|
|Closing Date:||18 Jan 2018|
inNorth Kordofan Area Office with
For Plan International Organization
Grade: D 2Gross Salary: 7160SDG - 9546 SDG(will be determined upon experince )
|Duties and responsibilities:
Key End Results of Position:
Project Stakeholder Management
· Manage the partnership agreement with the project partner – co-applicant
· Have solid working relationship with all the key stakeholders.
· To make sure Community Based Organizations, CSOs and LNGOs were oversaw, supported and trained
· Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities and progress and are in a position to accept project deliverables.
· Manage information flows between country office/Program department and other related departments and the Project stakeholders.
· Develop detailed annual work plans for the project and enforce adherence of all to the plan and subsequently approved amendments.
· Manage the project budget, including project procurements, and ensure avoidance of over/under expenditure; ensure judicious expending of the project funds; and demonstrate value for money in the outcomes and impact of the project.
· Manage project risks, funding, and ensure keeping all concerned are accurately and promptly informed about the status of project.
· Lead the project team to develop their knowledge and skills of appropriate nature to the project; guide and motivate them towards excellence performance all through the project period and ensure continuous appraisal of the performance of each.
· Manage project related security matters and ensure keeping all concerned are accurately and promptly informed about the status of project security at any point in time during the project period.
· Identify and address needs assessed
· Maintain and apply Plans’ standards of practice, policies and procedures.
· Manage the partnership agreement(s) with the implementing partner (NNGOs).
· Ensure that gender and child protection measures are integrated into all processes, practices and activities of the project engages in.
· A good understanding and commitment to gender and diversity considerations
· Lead and motivate project management team.
· Ensure performance reviews are conducted.
· Have a thorough understanding of the Plan International-Sudan Personnel contract modalities and the local labor law.
· Ensure safety and security for all personnel comply with Plan International-Sudan standards.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· Develop and maintain project reporting protocols, both narrative and financial, and ensure accurate and prompt reporting to all concerned (Plan International Sudan, donor, Government of Sudan, and other project stakeholders).
· Ensure that lessons learned case studies are captured and properly documented and archived by carrying out regular project/program reviews.
· To identify the needs and support development of staff and partners to increase their competence in project delivery.
· To participate in the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
· Management of project representation matters and ensures attendance of all relevant coordination forums and events at CO & Sub-Office levels.
· Develop and maintain processes to ensure exert of high value liaison effort with Government Authorities, the donor, humanitarian community etc. on matters related to the project
· The Project Manager is based in Elobeid and will be required to frequently travel within North and South Kordofan States to the field locations as well as to Khartoum.
· Any other functions and responsibilities of appropriate nature project Management as assigned by the supervisor
Dealing with Problems:
1. Ability to develop & present different program models in front of different kinds of audience in or off site.
2. Use wide range of sources of data and information to make the right decision.
3. Make decision at speed appropriate to the issue.
4. Responding to queries and requirements of external audiences, stockholders, partners, advisory committee, line manager and technical advisors.
5. Ability to stimulate ideas and respond back to the queries in context of expected and satisfied solutions.
6. Understanding of the community issues and interest to build and plan solutions and also to promote that among people.
7. Demonstrate skill’s in articulating and documenting program communication, progress and review.
8. Ability to manage stress and interest to develop systems to improve quality of the program.
Communications and Working Relationships:
· Having – High level of Communication with Line Managers to report, seek approvals, sharing views to strengthen the program areas and to ensure continues support for the program.
· Having – High level of communication with Project Officer to support and provide hand holding support to understand the model and to respond to queries
· Regular communication with program department in CO to share work progress and updates and technical follow up.
· Partners – high level of communication to share and understand progress of the program.
· Advisory\steering Committee – Low level of communication in form of sharing program outcomes on quarterly basis
Level of Contact with Children:
· Min contact: Occasional direct interaction with children
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Qualification and Experience:
· A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics or other related fields. Master degree is preferable.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a similar, senior management role
· Demonstrated experience in the management of key programmatic areas such as health, education, livelihoods, disaster risk management and protection etc.
· Mutual knowledge with others organizations which work in the same field.
· Gender equality, risk management human right based approach
· Presentation skills
· Negotiation skills
· Analytical and logical skills
· Communication skills
· Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic languages.
· -Good skills in spread sheet and word processing computer application
· Good managerial skills.
· Excellent skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
· Ability to respond and solve challenges at first stage.
· Ability to document program knowledge.
· Ability to think creatively for development of new ideas and for presenting them to others.
· Strong interpersonal skills to cope up with stress and managing work effectively.
· Demonstrated Leadership skills to maintain team work and to build capacity of team members.
Salary and Benefits:
Plan offers a very competitive salary and benefits package to its employees. The employee shall receive a net salary in United States Dollars at the prevailing exchange rate on the day the Salary is paidper month In addition to the salary; Plan offers a generous package of benefit and different allowances including health insurance. Plan also pays additional three months basic salary every year to staff during key festivals "Eid Alfeter, and Eid Adha” and in the month when school starts in Sudan. Plan also provides a number of capacity development opportunities to its employees including Talent Management Program.
How to Apply:
The closing date for the applications is 18thJanuary 2018. Please use the title: “:Project Manager (PM)”in your application. Please attach your relevant CV and certificates, a letter explaining how your skills and experiences meet the requirements of the job, your contact details including phone and email in addition to the names and contact details of two referees who know you professionally. Please note that one of the referees must be your current/most recent linemanager. The complete application should be submitted hard copy to Joint Procedures Centre Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labour office,JamhuriaStreet.And soft CVs and certificates can be submitted to the following email before 18thJanuary 2018 Sudan.firstname.lastname@example.org short listed candidates will be contacted
|Opportunities & Careers Itís Our Vision||