Vacancy Announcement No: HIBA-02796
We Secure You Best Future In Your Career
|Job Title:||Program Area Manager|
|Duty Station:||White Nile Program Area|
|Closing Date:||18 Jan 2018|
For Plan International Organization
Grade: E Salary: 12000 SDG
About Plan International Sudan:
Founded 80 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's centered development and humanitarian organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations and is an equal opportunity employer. Plan International purpose statement “We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”.We engage people and partners to:
· Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability
· Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face
· Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity
· Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood
Plan International core values are:
Plan International started working in Sudan in 1977 and has a presence in four states our of 18 states, mainly (Kassala state, White Nile State, North Kordofan State and Darfur State) and implemented it program via a Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, focusing on child rights, implementing programmers designed to enable communities to improve the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children and their families.
About the Position
The Program Area Manager (PAM) will act as Plan International Sudan’s most senior representative for the Program Area. He/ She is responsible to lead the strategic direction in the Program Area in accordance with Plan’s strategic program framework and retains final accountability for timely and quality delivery of all Plan’s operations (e.g programs, emergency response, finance, admin and HR) in the area and in line with Plan Sudan’s approved Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The PAM also provides overall strategic leadership, direction and support to the program area team to ensure timely and effective utilization of Plan’s resources for the benefit of targeted beneficiaries in the area. The post holder liaisons Plan International – Sudan with the state government, actors and sub-office/s, to establish a good working relationship, influence decision makers on issues affecting children’s survival and development and excel Plan’s visibility
|Duties and responsibilities:
Assurance across the project cycle
· To identify the needs and support development of staff and partners to increase their competence project delivery.
· To participate in the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
Dealing with Problems:
· Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
· Resolves a wide range of issues and challenges within the operating environment that will have a likely impact on program operations.
· Ability to think strategically, with the required capacity and skills to operationalize this through detailed operational planning.
· High level of problem solving techniques with demonstrated capacity to coach teams to solve the anticipated issues.
· Use wide range of sources of data and information to make the right decision.
· Ability to stimulate ideas and respond back to the queries in context of expected and satisfied solutions.
· Ability to manage stress and interest to develop systems to improve quality of the program.
Internal and External Communication
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Salary and Benefits:
Plan offers a very competitive salary and benefits package to its employees. The employee shall receive a net salary in United States Dollars at the prevailing exchange rate on the day the Salary is paid per month In addition to the salary; Plan offers a generous package of benefit and different allowances including health insurance. Plan also pays additional three months basic salary every year to staff during key festivals "Eid Alfeter, and Eid Adha” and in the month when school starts in Sudan. Plan also provides a number of capacity development opportunities to its employees including Talent Management Program.
How to Apply:
The closing date for the applications is 18thJanuary 2018. Please use the title: “: Program Area Manager”in your application. Please attach your relevant CV and certificates, a letter explaining how your skills and experiences meet the requirements of the job, your contact details including phone and email in addition to the names and contact details of two referees who know you professionally. Please note that one of the referees must be your current/most recent line manager. The complete application should be submitted hard copy to Joint Procedures Centre Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labour office ,Jamhuria Street.And soft CVs and certificates can be submitted to the following email before 18thJanuary 2018
Sudan.email@example.com short listed candidates will be contacted
Child Protection Policy:
References checks will be carried out in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy for the successful candidate before confirming the offer. Plan will also request for Police Clearance report before confirming the offer. Plan is committed to implement its equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the national community; Priority will be given to qualified females.
|Opportunities & Careers Itís Our Vision||