Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Job Title:||Technical Advisor for Qualification Measures for Craftsmen and -women|
|Duty Station:||Khartoum and regular duty trips to North and West Darfur|
|Closing Date:||24 Jan 2018|
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: Technical Advisor for Qualification Measures for Craftsmen and -women in Darfur
For the project “Strengthening the Capacities for Reconstruction in Darfur”
With duty station in Khartoum and regular duty trips to North and West Darfur. The technical advisor for qualification measures for craftsmen and -women is reporting to the advisor of the Darfur project.
Employment-oriented private sector development is an important factor contributing to a peaceful society. The project’s aim is to create more sustainable employment opportunities for qualified people in Darfur. Demand-oriented vocational and entrepreneurship training conveys technical skills and know-how to young people on how to start a business. Artisan workshops that provide vocational training are enabled to expand. Business development services support selected enterprises to compete on the local market, to increase their revenue and, ultimately, to offer new employment.
The technical advisor for (re-)qualification measures for craftsmen and –women in the Darfurian artisan sector is responsible for the implementation of demand-oriented vocational and entrepreneurship promotion trainings to craftsmen and –women members of the Small Industries and Craft Union as well as the promotion of quality certification for vocational skills acquired informally or non-formally. The activities are being implemented in the capitals of North and West Darfur. Frequent duty trips to Darfur (1-3 times per months) are planned.
As a technical advisor for qualification measures for craftsmen and –women, you are responsible for:
• Supporting the implementation of the program objectives as part of a small multicultural team;
• Building up capacities of entrepreneurs, craftsmen and -women that are already active in a local business or are willing to upgrade in a series of vocational trades such as car electrics, electricity, welding, construction, plumbing;
• Cooperating with the project partners such as the Supreme and/or State Council for Vocational Training, Departments of Labour, Small Industries and Craft Unions and Micro-Finance Institutions to effectively and independently implement demand-oriented trainings that lead to further qualification and possibly quality certification;
• Enabling entrepreneurs to increase the competitiveness and profitability of their business by improving the quality of their production and services;
• Providing professional advisory services, coaching and training in the sector of entrepreneurship promotion and non-financial services to the craftsmen and -women;
• Build up partnerships and networks for craftsmen and -women to improve employment in the private sector.
Specifically, your tasks comprise
• development including preparation, organisation and facilitation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, communication and documentation;
• Analysing lessons learnt and compiling best practices for project implementation;
• Developing ready-to-use strategies, innovative initiatives and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
• Conducting cultural and linguistic translation (oral and written Arabic and English);
• Collect and review training manuals and curricula for the mentioned vocational trades in cooperation with a team of technical advisors for vocational training, Business development services and technical and entrepreneurial qualification measures for women;
• Drafting reports, articles and other written documents in English and Arabic.
Other duties/additional tasks:
• performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualifications, competences and experience comprehend:
• Diploma in vocational training or engineering or academic degree (B.A. or Master) in the areas of business economics, development studies or similar fields;
• Extensive knowledge of the context of artisan crafts sector in Sudan/Darfur and/or practical experience in establishing and developing an enterprise in the industrial craft sector;
• Knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship promotion, specifically in the artisan sector;
• Business and results orientation;
• Experience in working within international teams;
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
• Willingness to travel to Darfur and to move with restricted mobility due to GIZ security measures;
• Proven experience in gender equality/women’s empowerment and inclusion of people with social disparities;
• Excellent English and Arabic communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
* We actively encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.
If you do not hear from GIZ until the 28th of February 2018, your application was not further considered.
To be submitted in hard copy or soft copy in English: CV, Cover- and Motivation Letter to:
GIZ Office Khartoum, Amarat Street 3, House No. 15, Block 9, Amarat Town, Khartoum East
To Apply Click On mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org