Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Job Title:||Junior Monitoring Officer|
|Duty Station:||Gedaref with require regular travel within Sudan|
|Closing Date:||15 Dec 2017|
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
GIZ Sudan is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: Junior Monitoring Officer in Gedaref
The Officer is reporting to the manager of a project for Vocational Training and Food Security in Kassala and Gedaref.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Delegation of the European Union, GIZ has started implementing a new project in Kassala and Gedaref. The project aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population and refugees alike in two areas of intervention:
1) Supporting the government and the private sector in improving the quality and availability of market-oriented vocational training for young women and men;
2) Supporting small industry unions in providing business development services (BDS) for employment-oriented growth of small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Coordinates the Project Monitoring.
• Develops and implements the projects’ systematic and conflict-sensitive impact monitoring system in consultation with the Project Manager.
• Supports, gives guidance to and supervises the GIZ Project staff which is contributing to monitoring.
• Supports the implementing partner organizations in establishing a custom-fit monitoring system suitable for the GIZ monitoring system.
• Supports collaboration with implementing partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
• Drafts and disseminates formats for the partner monitoring system.
• Collects, processes and drafts analyses of monitoring data.
• Provides feedback to the Project Manager on strategies and activities.
Within these responsibilities, tasks include:
• Contributes to a systematic and detailed planning of the project’s monitoring (annual work planning and reflection).
• Monitors all project activities and progress towards achieving the project goals.
• Draws up ToRs for specific studies (baseline surveys, need assessments etc.).
• Liaises with the respective implementing partners on monitoring system and the mode to be applied.
• Safeguards a uniform and timely reporting of the implementing organizations.
• Regular visits to the implementing partners to check on progress of data collection and to advice on problem solutions.
• Develops the projects’ framework of monitoring; holds reviews / discussions with the project team to identify the feasibility of the monitoring format for implementation and introduces appropriate modification.
• Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
• Draws up reports and presentation documents.
• Supervision and quality control of reports.
• Formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the project manager and GIZ Head Office.
• Supports the coordination of the implementing organizations and government agencies in the project’s area of implementation.
• Collects, compiles and analyses qualitative and quantitative data and reports and prepares consolidated progress reports in accordance with the approved reporting formats.
• Provides training to project staff on monitoring.
• Does the monitoring of activities in all intervention areas and locations.
• Coordinates and communicates with the international consultant responsible for establishing the monitoring system in the project.
• Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required experience and qualifications:
• BA / MSc in Vocational Training, Private Sector Development, Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Development Economics or any related field.
• Expertise and experiences in monitoring systems, preferably with an international organization.
• Experience with integrating gender consideration into monitoring processes.
• Knowledge in GIZ’s Impact oriented Monitoring System (WoM) is a strong asset.
• At least 2- 3 years‘ professional experience in a comparable position.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage activities concurrently.
• A substantial understanding of rural development/ rural communities preferably also in the project region.
• Ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders.
• Good command of English, Arabic and possibly one local language spoken in the operational area.
• Position based in Gedaref with frequent travels within East Sudan.
• Willingness to work in remote locations over longer periods.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
To submit your application, send your CV and cover letter in English to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – the name of the position you are applying for must be entered in the subject line.
The application shall not exceed 1MB. References and degrees will be requested if required and shall not be sent via e-mail.
If you do not hear from GIZ until the 31st of January 2018, your application was not further considered.
To Apply Click On mailto:email@example.com