Vacancy Announcement No: HIBA-02725
We Secure You Best Future In Your Career
|Job Title:||Medical Resident|
|Closing Date:||20 Dec 2017|
Medical Residents are supervised Physicians in Training and employees of the corporation whose scope of practice is defined by the Graduate Medical Education Program to which they are enrolled.
|Duties and responsibilities:
· Actively participates in the assigned service or rotation, inclusive of inpatient and outpatient services; makes daily rounds and conducts case discussions with his/her peers and supervisors.
· Participates in the clinical evaluation and care of patients in a variety of patient care settings with sufficient frequency to achieve the competencies required by their discipline under the direct supervision of clinical faculty (consultant or specialist).
· Residents may write orders and progress notes in patient charts, although attending physicians retain responsibility for the care of patients seen by residents and must review the care of their patients.
· Performs procedures, which are part of the curriculum and specified by each program director, under the direct supervision of the clinical faculty. Residents may only perform those procedures for which the clinical faculty has privileges to perform. Once the resident has performed the appropriate number of procedures in a competent fashion the program director will provide notification that the resident is eligible to be certified to perform the procedure without direct supervision.
· Participates in on-call duties no more frequently than every 3rd night and maintaining a work schedule of no more than 80 hours per week; upholds the work limitation rules outlined in the Corporate Medical Education Duty Hours Policy.
· Assumes progressive responsibility for patient care activities according to resident’s level of education, ability and experience. The program director and the supervising faculty will determine the resident’s level of responsibility and autonomy.
· Fully cooperates in submitting to periodic health examinations and supplementary tests to determine medical fitness to work.
· Acquires and maintain relevant life support certification(s).
· Obeys and adheres to the organization’s code of conduct and uphold patient confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
· Graduate of an accredited medical or dental school, with completion of the appropriate internship training program
· Completion of an appropriate internship program
· Microsoft Office skills, including MS-Outlook Competent database management skills
· English- essential; Arabic- preferred
· To meet the eligibility requirement for licensing in Qatar including ILS, ACLS, ATLS, ALSO certification (as applicable)
· Patient Care Medical Knowledge
· Interpersonal and Communication Skills
· Practice-Based Learning
· Systems-Based Practice source: ACGME
· Able to make decisions within clearly defined policies/objectives under available direction.
|Opportunities & Careers Itís Our Vision||