Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Job Title:||(Junior) Finance Professionals|
|Duty Station:||Kassala with require regular travels within Sudan|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2017|
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
GIZ Sudan is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position: (Junior) Finance Professionals in Kassala
The (Junior) Finance Professional is reporting to the Project Head of Administration and Finance of a new project for Vocational Training and Food Security in Kassala and Gedaref.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union, GIZ will start implementing a new project in Kassala and Gedaref. The start of the project and position is dependent on the host agreement between Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) and Sudan.
The project has three areas of intervention and aims at improving the livelihoods of the local population, refugees, and migrants:
• Supporting the government and the private sector in improving the quality and availability of market-oriented vocational training for young women and men.
• Supporting small industry unions in providing business development services (BDS) for employment-oriented growth of small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Ensuring that tasks are carried out smoothly within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Establishing that the service in the department is provided correctly and in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures.
• Identifying relevant problems and issues, and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions.
• Further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change.
• Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information.
• Handling cash payments and deposits at the bank.
• Managing financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects.
Within these responsibilities, tasks include:
• Taking responsibility for cash and bank based on the vouchers collected daily and reconciliation.
• Reporting any surplus or shortfall in cash.
• Reporting without delay if the cash holding reaches a minimum level.
• Support in drawing up the annual internal controlling schedule and reports.
• Monitoring income, expenditure and the monthly bank reconciliation.
• Monitoring real accounts (payables, receivables) and reporting regularly to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation.
• Preparing monthly and annual budgets, and monitoring deviations.
• Carrying out accounting tasks using WINPACCS accounting software and preparing monthly end-of-period accounts and bank reconciliation vouchers
• Submitting the end-of-month accounts from the project accounting, cash books and account balance vouchers (through or from WINPACCS) to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and forwarding them to GIZ Sudan Office.
• Preparing quarterly/annually analyses of expenditure compared to total project budget (budget monitoring).
• Assisting with creditor and debtor administration, including local subsidies and agreements with national appraisers and preparing financial contributions.
• Preparing transfers and/or other bank documents and checking these before execution.
• Making monthly payments and foreign currency transactions and optimizing these.
• Taking responsibility for administrative aspects of financial management, e.g. bank withdrawals, direct debit orders.
• Maintaining an inventory for the office.
• Billing/processing overtime applications if applicable.
• Processing settlement of applications for the reimbursement of travel expenses.
• Checking travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior.
4. General tasks
• Interpreting and translating as required.
• Photocopying and scanning documents as needed.
• Reporting without delay to the person responsible for accounting on all problems in financial administration and compliance with rules.
• Taking responsibility for filing financial administration documents and treating information confidentially.
• Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required experience and qualifications:
• BA in accounting and auditing or similar area.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting software.
• Confidential handling of data and information.
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a comparable positions.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Good management and organizational skills.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Fluent written and oral knowledge of Arabic and English, German is an asset.
To submit your application, send your CV and cover letter in English to:
E-mail: email@example.com – the name of the position you are applying for must be entered in the subject line.
The application shall not exceed 1MB. References and degrees will be requested if required and shall not be sent via e-mail.
If you do not hear from GIZ until the 31st of January 2018, your application was not further considered.
To Apply Click On mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org