About Practical Action:
Practical Action is a British charity established in 1966 with the vision of a sustainable world free of poverty and injustice in which technology is used for the benefit of all. We have been working in Sudan since 1988 and are operational in Blue Nile, North Darfur, and Eastern Sudan, supported by our country office in Khartoum and our Head Office in the UK. We work in the fields of Agriculture for resilience, energy and Rural WASH with markets, gender and climate change cross-cutting all our work.
• Leading educating targeted communities on good hygiene practices, through improving knowledge and changing the attitudes and behavior of key people within those communities.
• Ensure longer term sanitation and hygiene promotion continues and support the development and adaptation of different methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop monthly, quarterly and annual Work plans and budgets for Sanitation Hygiene Promotion.
• Plan for the implementation of measures and interventions that promote sustainability.
• Develop and implement innovative approaches for community participation and ownership, Behavior Change and enhanced sanitation and hygiene results.
• Coordinate hygiene education and sanitation promotion activities using appropriate approaches and tools e.g. PHAST, CLTS, CATS, F-Diagrams, etc.
• Coordinate periodic/regular Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of Sanitation Hygiene Promotion in W4E project (Monthly/Quarterly) using common data collection tools
• Plan and facilitate Training of Trainers Workshops for relevant partners and stakeholders.
• Develop tools to be used by W4E project to collect data on activities, outputs and outcomes for analysis and reporting on regular basis
• University Degree preferably in public health or any relevant experiences to the job.
• Master Degree and Project Management certificate desirable.
RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE:
• At least 3 years work experience of managing and implementing health promotion and sanitation projects.
• Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan own work, set priorities and manage time effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure in remote area and to deadlines.
• Patience and tolerance for other perspectives.
• Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn to apply new sanitation and hygiene methodologies in community settings.
• Ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
Interested candidates should submit their application letters clearly indicating Job title and work station, C.V. and copies of educational and experience certificates to HAC Labour office in Khartoum Algmhoria Street, and to Practical Action Sudan office in the following email: Sudan.Jobs@practicalactionsd.org
* Please DO NOT submits original certificates. Applications and attached documents are not returnable.
* Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
* Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.