|Job Title:||Senior WASH Officer|
|Department:||Aqua for Darfur - WASH|
|Salary:||Gross salary Grade: B1/2 US$ 869|
|Supervisor:||Team Leader/ Technical line manager WASH advisor|
|No. of Post:||1 Post|
|Duty Station:||North Darfur state/ Kabkabia|
|Duration:||One year expandable|
|Closing Date:||21 Nov 2017|
About Practical Action:
Practical Action is a British charity established in 1966 with the vision of a sustainable world free of poverty and injustice in which technology is used for the benefit of all. We have been working in Sudan since 1988 and are operational in Blue Nile, North Darfur, and Eastern Sudan, supported by our country office in Khartoum and our Head Office in the UK. We work in the fields of Agriculture for resilience, energy and Rural WASH with markets, gender and climate change cross-cutting all our work.
The Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Senior Officer is responsible for running and supervising the water, sanitation and hygiene project at all stages of the project management cycle.
He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the project objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. And that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
The WASH Senior officer will undertake capacity building and mentoring of Practical Action and its partners WASH staff; needs identification through monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs; and internal coordination to reinforce Practical Action integrated approach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Project design and implementation.
• Accountability and Learning.
• Integration, coordination and traversal aspects.
• University Degree preferably in geology, water engineering, civil or any other relevant degree and experiences to the job.
• Master degree and project management certificate desirable.
Relevant Job Experience:
• Professional experience of 6 years minimum, in the field of WASH infrastructure construction and management in humanitarian or development context Experience in designing tools for data collection, analysis and production of reports, Experience in providing WASH trainings desirable.
• Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan own work, set priorities and manage time effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure in remote area and to deadlines.
• Patience and tolerance for other perspectives.
• Ability to listen and adapt.
• Ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
NB: Interested candidates should submit their application letters clearly indicating Job title and work station, C.V. and copies of educational and experience certificates to HAC Labour office in Khartoum Algmhoria Street, and to Practical Action Sudan office in the following email: Sudan.Jobs@practicalactionsd.org
* Please DO NOT submits original certificates. Applications and attached documents are not returnable.
* Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
* Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.