The Fdration Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network. The International Youth Federation in the Middle East and North Africa (IYFAR) works to promote youth empowerment and advance the role of youth to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Arab States and enhance the cooperation between youth organizations, governments, and the international community. It provides policy guidance and oversight to the Country Teams in the member countries. The applications are now open for the IYF Representative in Sudan to recognize exceptional young leaders in the Arab States who are leaders in the effort to contribute to a better future for young people.
The IYF Representative is a senior member of the International Youth Federation will serve as official Representative for IYF in his/her country. The Representative provides technical and leadership to IYF Country Team (IYFCT). The primary responsibility of the Representative is to ensure successful engagement of the IYF with the youth communities at national level.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of Empowering youth for better world in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions and the community.
(A) IYF Promotion Activities:
• Give a presentation, remarks, and speeches at country level.
• Liaison with the government and local authorities to promote IYF values, mission, and vision.
• Develop a proactive marketing strategy to ensure that all entities are aware of IYF activities with the support of Communications Officer and other country team members.
• Effectively engage in youth community activities, projects, and initiatives.
(B) Team Leadership:
• IYF country team (IYFCT) comprises national volunteer officers (communications, youth, sport, women) that are responsible for facilitation of IYF activities at country level.
• Responsible for establishing and leading this team to serve as a cooperative and interactive unit.
• Team development and leadership is, therefore, an important component of the IYFCT.
(C) Coordination Duties:
• Actively engage in Fundraising Activities, through strategic partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives.
• Coordinate member organizations/Associations accreditation at IYF, through assist in connecting youth organizations with IYF for registration.
• Liaison with donors In close coordination with the Regional Director, the Representative will maintain close cooperation with the donor representatives in the country.
• She/he will work closely together to develop proposals and secure funding to ensure on-going IYF functions.
(D) Communications Duties:
• Maintain active communication among youth organizations and other interested agencies in at national level.
• Report youth achievements, success stories, youth progressing and related news to HQ press.
• Provide annual report about IYF country activities, stats, member organizations.
* Regional Monitor and evaluation process (RM&E):
The IYF Regional Director and the Executive Board review the Representatives\' annual reports. If the Representatives do not meet their responsibilities, Regional Director or the Executive Board can offer suggestions. If problems continue, the Representatives can be put on notice that they may be asked to step down. If, after being put on notice, the level of effort and activity does not improve, with the approval of IYF Secretary General the Regional Director can ask the Representatives to resign.
• Strategic planning and creative thinking.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Drive for Results.
• Collaboration and Teamwork.
• Leadership, Advocacy, Engagement, and Influence.
• Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
• Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives. Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
• Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
• Be a citizen of the assigned country.
• Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
Skills Required For Position:
• Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
Experience: Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in youth empowerment role, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or other relevant fields.
Language: Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Assessment: Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.