|Job Title:||Area Coordinator|
|Salary:||Gross salary Grade A1/1 US$ 1500|
|No. of Post:||1 Post|
|Duration:||One year expandable|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017|
About Practical Action:
Practical Action is a British charity established in 1966 with the vision of a sustainable world free of poverty and injustice in which technology is used for the benefit of all. We have been working in Sudan since 1988 and are operational in Blue Nile, North Darfur, and Eastern Sudan, supported by our country office in Khartoum and our Head Office in the UK. We work in the fields of Agriculture for resilience, energy and Rural WASH with markets, gender and climate change cross-cutting all our work.
Developing strategies and programs in support of the NGOs mandate, ensure that there are healthy, reciprocal relationships between the different bodies of government and other sectors which influence their organization. Coordination, integration and overseeing implementation of efficient and effective area projects/programmes and support services field activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Strategic planning, preparing Area office strategic plans with support from the SMT, and Country Director, fundraising identify opportunities , initiate project assessment and support initial development of project drafts.
• Project planning and implementation, office and human resources management, timely reporting progress on projects.
• Arrange regular office meetings and coordinate project evaluations according to donor contracts.
• Develop and manage initiatives on area level, influencing of government offices, UN, CBOs and NGOs.
• Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies or any other relevant degree.
• Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development is desirable.
RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of 5 - 7 years previous work experience with development programs.
• Excellent skills in written and spoken English.
• Excellent report writing.
• Team building.
• Strong People management.
• Conceptual thinking and visualizing.
• knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
• Planning and organizing.
• Understanding of contracts management.
• Budgeting and control.
NB: Interested candidates should submit their application letters clearly indicating Job title and work station, C.V. and copies of educational and experience certificates to HAC Labour office in Khartoum Algmhoria Street, and to Practical Action Sudan office in the following email: Sudan.Jobs@practicalactionsd.org
* Please DO NOT submits original certificates. Applications and attached documents are not returnable.
* Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
* Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.