|Job Title:||Knowledge and Communication Manager|
|Salary:||Gross salary Grade B3/ 1 US$ 1274|
|Supervisor:||Senior Operations and M&E Manager|
|No. of Post:||1 Post|
|Duty Station:||Khartoum with visits to fields location|
|Duration:||One year expandable|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2017|
About Practical Action:
Practical Action is a British charity established in 1966 with the vision of a sustainable world free of poverty and injustice in which technology is used for the benefit of all. We have been working in Sudan since 1988 and are operational in Blue Nile, North Darfur, and Eastern Sudan, supported by our country office in Khartoum and our Head Office in the UK. We work in the fields of Agriculture for resilience, energy and Rural WASH with markets, gender and climate change cross-cutting all our work.
To manager the Knowledge & communication unit duties associated with office management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To functionally manage communication field staff, the resource centre and the Practical answers project.
• Manage the technical enquiry service.
• To facilitate the process of capturing project knowledge and processing it into usable forms (reports, publications, articles, case studies, stories, video footage, posters, leaflets, banners, etc).
• Update the country webpage on the organisation internal and public websites.
• Following up the production of key publications to raise and market Practical Actions profile and projects activities.
• A Bachelors degree preferably information and communication and A post graduate degree is an advantage.
• Relevant accredited knowledge & Communications certificates desirable.
RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 5 years previous work experience Knowledge of NGO development terminology and jargons on managerial level.
• Internal and external communication management.
• Good computer skills.
• Database Management.
Knowledge of NGO development terminology and jargons.
NB: Interested candidates should submit their application letters clearly indicating Job title and work station, C.V. and copies of educational and experience certificates to HAC Labour office in Khartoum Algmhoria Street, and to Practical Action Sudan office in the following email: Sudan.Jobs@practicalactionsd.org
* Please DO NOT submits original certificates. Applications and attached documents are not returnable.
* Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
* Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.